Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ECAC Hockey Video of the Week: "Puck Art" with SLU's Doug Weaver

After a weekend off from college hockey, we are back! I hope everyone had a great holiday and is looking forward to the New Year and the return of ECAC Hockey action.

This week's video is of St. Lawrence equipment manager Doug Weaver showing us how to do some "puck art." From what I can tell, "puck art" is a fancy way of stacking pucks. I've seen Weaver do this in person, but only realized it after I saw this video. To be honest, I haven't really paid attention to the way teams stack their pucks, so I really don't know if other teams do this. But, I do know that Union likes to stack their pucks in a "U" shape. They put a stack of around three pucks, and put it in between two stacks of around 10 pucks, which makes the "U" shape. I think I'll take a little more notice now on how other ECAC teams stack their pucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ECAC Hockey Daily